About / CV
Born in Atlanta Georgia as Quintavius De'Shon and later renamed Robert by his adoptive parents, Robert “Q.” Oliver, began photographing with his grandmother’s cameras as a child. Exploring the streets of Atlanta, he made a name for himself in the local art and photography scene by pushing the limits of what was socially acceptable in fashion and beauty. His trademark photographs of elegant ballerinas and nude models in the middle of his city’s busy streets along with his cinematic depictions of true life scenarios has shocked and inspired audiences from all over. While fashion and fine art were his focus as a young and budding artist, he retained an affinity and respect for travel and exploring other cultures after discovering the photographs featured in National Geographic and a number of travel periodicals during high school. Those images pushed Q. to leave his home and travel with his camera to places like India and Cuba to explore the chaos and beauty that exists abroad. Today, he continues to document the world and create with fashion some of the most engaging images of our generation.
- 2017 - CELEBRATION OF LIFE - CITY OF INK GALLERY, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - ZINDAGI, GRIFFIN MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHY, WINCHESTER MA
- 2016 - EDGE TO EDGE, MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - LXVE MATTERS - THE ART EXCHANGE, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - ATLANTA RENAISSANCE - CITY OF INK GALLERY, ATLANTA GA
- 2014 - MAMMAL GALLERY - ATLANTA, GA
- 2014 - PIXELS / RAW ARTISTS - TERMINAL WEST, ATLANTA, GA
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. AWKWARD. ATLANTA 2016. PRINT.
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. TANGIBLE. ATLANTA 2014. PRINT.
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. LOVE MADE ME DO IT. ATLANTA 2016. PRINT.
- 2013-2015, PHOTOGRAPHY AND DARKROOM INSTRUCTOR, THE CAMERA DOCTOR, DECATUR, GA
- 2009-PRESENT, WEDDING AND DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHER, Q. OLIVER PHOTOGRAPHY, ATLANTA, GA