About / CV
Born in Atlanta Georgia as Quintavius De'Shon and later renamed Robert by his adoptive parents, Robert “Q.” Oliver, began photographing with his grandmother’s cameras as a child. Exploring urban streets and wild parties, he made a name for himself in the local art and photography scene by pushing the limits of what was socially acceptable in fashion and beauty. His trademark photographs of nude models in the middle of his city’s busy streets and cinematic depictions of true life scenarios has shocked and inspired audiences from all over as he began to find his own as an artist. While fashion and fine art were his focus as a young and budding artist, he retained an affinity and respect for travel and exploring other cultures after discovering the photographs featured in National Geographic and a number of travel periodicals during high school. Those images pushed Q. to finally break out of the fashion photography world and into the chaotic and beautiful world of photojournalism that he continues to explore.
- 2017 - CELEBRATION OF LIFE - CITY OF INK GALLERY, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - ZINDAGI, GRIFFIN MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHY, WINCHESTER MA
- 2016 - EDGE TO EDGE, MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - LXVE MATTERS - THE ART EXCHANGE, ATLANTA GA
- 2016 - ATLANTA RENAISSANCE - CITY OF INK GALLERY, ATLANTA GA
- 2014 - MAMMAL GALLERY - ATLANTA, GA
- 2014 - PIXELS / RAW ARTISTS - TERMINAL WEST, ATLANTA, GA
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. AWKWARD. ATLANTA 2016. PRINT.
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. TANGIBLE. ATLANTA 2014. PRINT.
- OLIVER, QUINTAVIUS. LOVE MADE ME DO IT. ATLANTA 2016. PRINT.
- 2013-2015, PHOTOGRAPHY AND DARKROOM INSTRUCTOR, THE CAMERA DOCTOR, DECATUR, GA
- 2009-PRESENT, WEDDING AND DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHER, Q. OLIVER PHOTOGRAPHY, ATLANTA, GA